This 5mp camera module is capable of 1080p video and still images and connects directly to your Raspberry Pi. Connect the included ribbon cable to the CSI (Camera Serial Interface) port on your Raspberry Pi, boot up the latest version of Raspbian and you are good to go!
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 20mm x 9mm and weighing in at just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. The sensor has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
4 to capture video clips need to play with mplayer
Note: This module is only capable of taking pictures and video, not sound.
Package Includes :
1x Raspberry Pi Camera Module
- Lens: 1/4 5M
- Aperture: 2.9
- Focal Length: 3.29
- FOV: 72.4 degrees
- Fully Compatible with Both the Model A and Model B Raspberry Pi
- 5MP Omnivision 5647 Camera Module
- Still Picture Resolution: 2592 x 1944
- Video: Supports 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 60fps and 640x480p 60/90 Recording
- 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface – Plugs Directly into the Raspberry Pi Board
- Size: 20 x 25 x 9mm
- Weight 5g
- Fully Compatible with many Raspberry Pi cases